Log in

Jun. 30th, 2008 @ 01:59 pm Phd abroad
blue guy
Date:July 1st, 2008 03:36 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
One of my German professors earned his PhD in Germany, and when he moved back to the US, his degree wasn't recognized by American universities. He had to do it all over. I am not sure if it is the same way with musicology (he did linguistics), but please be VERY careful about this type of decision!
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture Icon]
Date:July 1st, 2008 03:41 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
yes, I promise I'll be careful! Do you know if he was a professor in Germany? I think if he gained recognition as a suitable professor in Germany before he came back to the States, he could have secured a job somewhere over here.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)